Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why? Because most (I didn't say all, overly proud dads from the Annapolis area) kids in youth lacrosse aren't elite athletes even if they are on so-called "elite" teams. It doesn't draw the top caliber athletes like basketball, football, soccer and track & field. It just doesn't. It tends to be a pampered private school kid sport, despite what anybody else says on here.

Colleges have to field teams and the vast majority of college lacrosse players are full pay. You may get a little break like room and board, but not much after that. So, if you are a good student and a decent lacrosse player it is a leg up because the schools need you. It's a major loophole for kids to get into their reach schools or a school they wouldn't get in otherwise.

A lot of the kids on my son's team play football (it really interferes with the fall season btw) and I am 100% certain none of them will play in college at any level.....but more likely than not, could play lacrosse at a very good school.

Interesting summary.
What % of kids would still play lacrosse if their parents college fantasy wasn't the driver.
Would parents still holdback their kids to dominate the younger kids?