Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am amazed at how quickly everyone is using a small data set of early commits as a baseline of where talent is coming from. It simply isn’t enough data. My daughter is toward the top of the recruiting class and she hasn’t committed yet because she is still visiting her top schools. She had the good fortune to have 3 of the top programs in the country have interest but she wants to make a good decision for her. In addition, there are simply a lot more choices than there was even 5 years ago, So let’s all slow down on using partial data to tell a narrative

Congrats to your daughter - that’s great! I think you are misunderstanding the posts. They are purely focused on the parents that are in such disbelief and incredulous that non hot bed girls are being committed to good schools or are wanted enough where coaches are giving them early offers. That’s all. That’s ignorance. We all know there will be great commits from the hot bed areas. I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise. The point is you are not alone anymore.

Appreciate the clarification. I can just speak anecdotally but the vast majority of the girls on the visits so far have been from md/my/ct. yes there are a few from other areas but it is certainly a majority from within the hotbed.
I see it as the girls outside the area really had the opportunity to be looked at by a few coaches so their pools of options were limited and hence the early commitments(not suggesting they aren’t also great athletes). The girls from the hotbed simply have more options and hence the delayed decision making as they go through their process.