The college coaches think the players from outside the hotbed have more growth ahead of them. I've heard it expressed multiple times by coaches. It's been shown on both the boys and girls side that west coast players especially can compete and be top players (Charlotte North, Rachel Hall, Lauren Gilbert, Sam Handley, Tucker Dordevick, Asher Nolting) Lars Tiffany gave a great interview once talking about this. He said he always wants a non-hotbed player in his recruiting class because they have not reached their potential. They are as good as their east coast peers without the benefit of high level youth/HS coaching and they a hungrier and have more to prove, instead of being assuming and coming in peaked out and over coached. These girls are not going to make up the bulk of the recruits, but every school is looking to find a gem outside of the hotbed.[/quote]

These are outliers!!! The hotbeds still have the most college ready and you will see them commit to big schools with nice packages to get an education as well. I see #2 and #3 on the list travel to the hotbeds to play on those club teams. They really could be considered hotbed players after their trainings and game experience. I feel as though early commits worked with the school to get a fair offer and a chance to play at a top school. Most of the top names had multiple high offers to weigh and took more time since they didnt have to worry about losing money or a spot!