Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great point about the time table. I think this is especially difficult for Goalies and FOGOs as they take fewer per class. You can’t wait around forever for an answer. I have seen them get the most pressure for decisions but it does happen for other positions.

While I don’t have any recent experience, I would expect players would get weeks or even a couple months to make a decision (all depending on their unique situation). For me, it would be a red flag if an offer were given with such a short time-line that the recruit wasn’t afforded the opportunity to visit multiple places.

Feel free to correct me on the timing if you’ve been through it recently!

I think that the timing has a lot to do with the schools level of interest in the player. A top 50 kid definitely has a lot more flexibility. Also, if you start to track the process on places like Inside Lacrosse, you can see that many of the top schools do not fill out their rosters right away. While there were some September commits, several of the D1 kids on my son's team committed early winter junior year and into the summer.