Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent of a child who loves the game, who has been involved in club lacrosse for awhile i can honestly say I am happy my time is coming to an end. I enjoy watching my son play. Just tired of the BS. My son isn’t very good. I have accepted it. It appears other teams have made it clear we accept it. Teams no longer keep kids at this stage just to keep kids. We have played on the same club team for the past three years. The team is brutal. But my son liked his teammates and we like the coaches. Now my son is no longer on this team. Not by choice. Perhaps a blessing in disguise? Perhaps the ownership group has grown tired of being the punching bag of club lax to other teams. Decided to bring in other players I don’t know. Been reading these posts from people about trying out for all the big name teams. My son is on the A team of this squad or this team is this or that. Must say the drama has been entertaining. I wish the kids nothing but success. Happy to be getting my Saturdays back.
If you're referring to either Express or 91 being that team, it doesn't mean your kid isn't good. There are plenty of skilled players on these teams who wont get field time and, obviously, those organizations are just going to keep taking student players on (or flying them in) when available. There will always be great talent that never sees the field. At this point, make sure your kid is on the field. No one cares what club helmet he's wearing any more or how they did at the World Series when they were 12.