Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MCD's male enrollment is not substantial. Neither is JC's. So them being among the top in many of major sports is impressive. They both seem to get a lot of bang for their buck.
StP used to have a lot of 2-way athletes, but that has fallen off greatly in the past decade or so.
Loyola and CH simply have too many kids to allow a ton of multiple sport athletes. If you go to those schools they ask kids to "focus" on one sport. It saves a roster spot and gives more kids in the school a chance to participate in a sport. I am not a fan of that, but I totally understand why they do it. Good to have more kids involved, I guess.

Completely false statement about Loyola! My son is a 2 sport athlete and is encourage to continue to play both.

That's the opposite of what happened to us.
My son goes to Loyola and was a starter for an winning HoCo AA lax team throughout middle school. He also plays ECNL soccer and it's his favorite sport.
He was told before tryouts he should "probably focus more on soccer" by the soccer coach. He didn't want to give up lacrosse. So he tried out for f/s lacrosse and was surprisingly cut.
Kids on his club lax team (who were behind him on the depth chart, and a couple who didn't play at all) made the team.
I know of at least one other family that had a similar experience.