Originally Posted by Anonymous
USCL put out their new rankings. I can't figure out why Venom remains so high. They lost at NAL and NLF, which are two of the bigger summer tournies. If I'm not mistaken, True also lost a few times this summer as well and it's not reflected in their record. Finally, ML beat 2Way (and Venom) and they haven't budged. As much as I detest to admit it, the Hawks should be #1 for consistently being the best team. ML should be #3 (maybe #2, but 3 is fair). Venom, if still a top 5 team, should be #5 after getting slapped around this summer.

Who cares who's #1 - nobody should. Consider who actually puts these out, how worthless they are and realize parents focus way too much on this. Bottom line is that if your kid is on a team that is competitive nationally they will get college coach exposure when the time comes. That's what this is all about in the end. Parental desire to put "My kid is on the #1 lacrosse team in the country" bumper stickers on their SUV and Minivans is what causes all of the detest and discontent.