Not sure if it would’ve mattered cutting the roster down. Team LI is a good team. They beat everyone except upstate which is monsters essentially and barely lost to CT (grizzlies). CT goalie was a beast. She stopped everything. This team was better than Weiner alone but probably not powered enough to win it all. LI was fine as a team. Just got unlucky. They could’ve beaten CT if their goalie was not made out to be a wall. Li outshot cT easily.

It is a showcase in front of the coaches. But he championship playoff bracket is about the medal. That being said, I think most if not all of the parents were happy with the way it was done. Everyone played equally. No one felt that they wasted their time and money coming to this event. Everyone felt they belonged on that team. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen parents pissed off about not getting playing time and what a notIntelligent event such and such was cuz they didn’t get their kid on the field. Did some kids make mistakes? Sure but it happens.

Also I can’t tell you how big of jerks the CT parents were on the sidelines. STFU. Even the ref was getting pissed at them. I thought I got passed this in 5th grade lacrosse. Didn’t expect to see this at this level of lacrosse.