Originally Posted by Anonymous
this post is a crock ....the wm summer teams only have 25 players...all the kids play. if you are a wm parent you would know this. you do get the exposure to recruiters...every kid played including goalies. the 12-15 kid senario is bogus.

Truly glad that your son had a great experience. No sarcasm here. As a 3V parent, this is helpful to know. A concern I have is that the WM Summer Teams ( both Green and Gold) play multi grade level which is not ideal for recruiting. I'm sure parents will come on and defend this, but its not Does the Green Team play in the top division? I know for a fact that the Gold team made up of rising 10 th and 11th graders did not play in the top division. So is this the best way to be seen if this was your goal? If thats not the goal for yiur son, then its fine Maybe it's a good way to help get playing time for your son on the school team. My dilemma brings me back to the original thread. What if my son wants to play in the most competitive tournaments to improve his game? What if he feels that club will help him reach his goal? Will a high school coach hold it against him because he felt he wasn't being loyal when school was not in session? If my sons not good enough to be the chosen 12-15 during the school season, I'm realistic and would get the lack of playing time. However, if he was deserving and wasn't given a chance because he didn't help contribute to the coach's summer salary, there's a definite conflict. I guess we'll have to roll the dice this year.