Originally Posted by Anonymous
The next 3-4 years- StP, Sev, and JC will be much improved. STM is a wild card. Not sure it will translate into wins or different playoff scenarios, because I don’t see BL, McD or CH falling off too much. But it will make the league very interesting. Spaulding has since peaked and will fall back to the middle of the pack.

For those programs who expect incoming freshmen to put you into the playoff hunt good luck. That happens once every ten years due to a generational talent.

Boys Latin loses their two most talented players (attackman and keeper) but return a super strong nucleus and reload as always. With their seasoned and accomplished coaching staff I expect them to repeat as a semi-finalist in 23. St. Mary's loses many of their best poles, a very underrated attackman and their starting keeper but also return most of their much improved offense. I expect them to be in the top six teams and potentially back in the semis. CHC loses their best two offensive players and pole but return a super strong squad reloading as always. I expect them to battle SM for the final semis spot. Spalding loses a lot of senior talent but has a seasoned coaching staff and good AA County feeder program in place. They could remain among the playoff teams if they jell early. McD loses a three year starter in the cage, two of their top middies and three of their top four poles. They do return the best attack in the Conference, a dominant FOGO and will reload on defense and in the cage. Expect them to be a top four program. Severn is a bit of an enigma for next year. They knocked off BL, SP in mid season and played SM and CHC tight down the stretch. They lose 6 valuable seniors but return the Conference's dominant FOGO. With a team that already has depth issues, you just never know how they'll fare going forward. I see them slipping out of the top 6 but could be surprised. St. Paul's returns almost everyone and is my early season favorite to win the championship in 23. They dropped some early games in 22 that doomed their season but showed in their pasting of McD and their last game against the Lakers that they're a force to be reckoned with. Loyola returns almost everyone except for two top poles. I expect them to rebound strongly in 2023 and make the playoffs again. They do need to improve their FO game, have better team D and keeper play to get there. Gilman loses their top flight keeper and continues to pay the price for the Administration's decision not to "play" the recruiting game not even selectively for the right academically strong multi sport athlete. I see this Program continuing to languish until there is a change in philosophy. JC was vastly improved last year but did rely a lot on their one strong offensive player to score. If they can continue to recruit and develop well, they could also break into the top 6 team. MSJ had a lot of of youth on the field but needs to uptier its talent pool collectively to compete more effectively.