Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good hands? Loyola does so little with the talent they have. That’s a coaching issue.

LB had a weak face off game and an often disappearing team defense. All four teams in the semis had both better FOGOs and keepers. LBs settled offense, when they got the ball, was generally anemic and out moded. They didn't generate enough transition offense out of some great individual defenders to bridge the gap on settled offense.

One of their top LSMs could have easily insisted on being inserted at the X to stop the bleeding in the face off game. I've seen the individuals on their D play during the Summer and they know how to play proper team D. Sliding fast to a shorty or an overmatched or picked opponent is defensive lacrosse 101. The same applies to desgning game plans and finalizing match ups. Kids these days watch a ton of film, go to a ton of college level clinics, know how to play the proper way and have awareness of themselves as a unit. If the HC or coordinators don't do it, the team's leaders need to step forward and have the units self correct. Part of becoming a leader is learning how and when to build consensus to challenge the status quo if it isn't working.

Loyola lacks in leadership from the administration, coaches, captains and players. I would not send my kid to that school until they get it together. Otherwise you will end up transferring like so many kids have.[/quote]

Best academic Catholic school in the region hands down. The administration is strong. You can criticize the coaches, but captains and players? You don't have any clue what you are talking about.