Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If it’s about players who may lose a position to a OOS kid, I agree 100% they should be able transfer without penalty.

No doubt MIAA should drop transfer rule. I agree that CHC, BL & McD and any other operation that actively recruits OOS players should step up for the sake of the league and agree to it. There should not be two sets of rules. We already have enough of that behavior in this country. No dog in fight here. I still hit the wall.

Schools like CH and BL (and even LB) like the way the HS rules are currently aligned.
They recruit as many kids as possible, even the ones they don't really want to keep them from the competition. Then let the transfer rule do it's magic to keep unhappy kids locked in, and THEN bring in MORE kids who can actually play.
Barring the influx of major scholarship cash for laxers in a school (like happened at Spalding) they can ensure there are only 4-5 decent top teams in the league at any one time.
Meanwhile, you can also ignore the recruiting rules and gut the occasionaly gut a competitor's middle school that's going through an administrative transition.
Win, win, win!