Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hear the top recruit in the country is like a double holdback
Nope. He re-classed before high school to the 23 class and is a March birthday but still played mostly with the 22 class. he'll be 19 when he starts college.

Pretty sure he’s talking about the top ‘22 recruit going to Cuse

The 22 recruit is a hold back. He held back starting kindergarten. He should be a 21. He played up a year his entire youth with the 20’s Funny thing is he would have been the top recruit in the 21 class. He didn’t need to hold back
Spallina is a hold back, but a summer hold back. I know it's splitting hairs since the gap between March and June is equivalent to the gap between June and September, but I find that slightly more palatable since the March birthday is closer to the average on-age kid in the grade above than to the average on-age kid in the grade below.

So, a summer holdback is okay, but others are not? Please stop.
Easiest fix is if US lacrosse just enforced their current rules for club lacrosse and promoted it to the tournaments(don’t offer insurance for those that don’t). Hard deadline of sept 1 and that’s it. There will still be holdbacks for high school ball but it would be less prevalent as most recruiting happens from club and not high school. Simple and done