Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was the attendance and talent level at FCA tryouts? I am guessing heavy on orange helmets with some scattered yellow and chrome red.

About 60 boys there last evening by my estimate. Two local 2026 teams that have folded (Looney's, Hardshells) and two more are undergoing change (Koopers/True due to the recent acquisition). These events have left a bunch of boys without a club for next season, so tryouts this year will have a large turnout at the 2026 year group. I heard Predators had 70+ boys at their tryouts.

Enough talent was at FCA tryouts to build two new (A and B team) rosters that would be competitive at their appropriate levels....that is, if there weren't other club teams which will pull away the best players to their programs. Not a lot of roster movement at this age on the top (HoCo Elite level) teams, so not many spots open. Expect a few of these boys will be picked up by top clubs, if they haven't already. The mid-tier (HoCO AAAA and AAA) teams will pick up some more.

Sadly, if no other local club starts a second 2026 team, some of the remaining boys may not make it onto a club roster.