Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know what is happening to Kelly post?

The predictable thing that happens when you take a bunch of above average but not elite 7 year olds and coach them / culture them into high level TEAM performance over the course of seven years........the parents get the idea in their heads that the players are actually "elite standouts" as individuals. (My hot take is that KP 2028 is a great squad and it's not smart to disband it....this year).

Parents were getting nervous about the kids needing more "exposure" for their supposedly obvious future MIAA careers in 3+ years.

One KP dad coach took 8-10 of the boys a few weeks ago and committed them all to 91, you know, the "we don't cut anyone" club who already has 29 on the roster, including the 8-10 who came with the Swarm dad coach 10 months ago (stinks to be those kids at this moment).

The rest of the KP parents - overall - have a unique outlook that their sons should easily make Crabs or FCA Blue, and if not, they can get on the FCA White, Team 91, or Predator rosters (I'm sure I'm missing a few) without even trying out, because kP eLiTe.

Tryouts for all of those teams are over in a week (in fact tryouts for almost all of them are at the same times and dates!), so we shall see if the KP lax moms were correct.... or if they all mostly up at Koopers, LTLC, and the new KP AAA team that will arise from combining KP elite and KP-B.
8-10 committed to 91 before try-outs? I find that funny. A lot were at Crabs try-outs last night. If any of those 8-10 are attack they will be sitting behind the dad ball coaches sons on 91.

I'm a KP dad. Very proud of what the team has accomplished over the last 2 years especially and nobody cares that their tournament schedule is "soft" when they are winning 5-7 tournaments a year. Some of us floated an idea to create a "Hard Shells" Crabs team from our squad but the majority of parents this week clearly felt like their sons had a pretty easy shot to get on the Crabs roster. I guess we'll see.

And the 8 (not 10) kids already going to 91 are at all positions. Attack too.
Won 5-7 tournaments a year? That’s 5-6 more than the number of games they won in the HoCo Elite division. Not sure how many make the Crabs roster, but good for giving it a shot. Suspect they’ll likely end up at 91, or whatever other AAA teams are around that hood