Good morning, I went through the same issue a few years back. My son ultimately decided that he wanted to play lacrosse and never went back to sleep away camp. Alot depends on what team he makes ( A , B , C team within the organization ) When tryouts are over and your son is offered a spot you have to give the organization a deposit which is non refundable . If he chooses to go to camp you will have to eat the deposit. I think the best thing to do is when he makes a team before you give a deposit speak to one of the directors of the particular organization and see what their feelings are. I have heard of situations that parents picked up their son every weekend and bring him to the tournaments. The problem with that is he wont be around all summer for practice. Organizations such as 91 , Express, Dune Dawgs all practice 2-3 times a week. You also have to realize that your son might be taking a spot from another player especially if you choose not to play. I hope this helps you. Any other questions please feel free to post. Good Luck