Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Re NL v TNB. Probably why the Next Level coach is trying to steal the big ML middie much discussed here and has reached out to several other ML players as well. Not that they are leaving, but if I had a son on NL and the coaches were trying to recruit ML middies and attackmen I wouldn't be psyched. It's become a little aggressive lately. Reminds me of the Nationals. You should talk to coach...

Unless you have proof/knowledge that a call to a family was unsolicited, this is a reckless accusation. Much of this type of outreach happens because a parent on one team befriends a parent on another and makes inquiries about what it's like to play on the team and then asks to be connected to the coach. Or a coach reaches out to a mutual friend of the parent to ask whether a call would be welcome. Or the parent reaches out to the coach directly. A coach cold-calling a family without a reference/referral/intro to poach a player is pretty egregious. In our experience, the Nationals did recruit via cold-call / cold-text. Was a little off-putting and, frankly, creepy without a mutual acquaintance or prior connection.
Next Level is actively trying to recruit/poach Madlax players. That is a fact. Could very well boomerang back on them. I don’t care if it’s a disgruntled and delusional parent who recently left doing his thing to recruit kids, or the coach directly going about it. Fact is, kids move, but it’s usually because the kid says “let’s move,” not the parent. There’s zero chance I could convince my kid to leave his current team even if I thought it would be a better outcome. They want to be with their pals more than we want them to be scoring 5 a game. And for a 12 year old, that’s the way it should be.