Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFC01q68_k/irV74WhGVT5P3Do0c5Xeqw/view

Link to the awards from last Nassau county last night

It would be nice to see the criteria and explanation for the awards, even the nomination process is a mystery. Maybe intentionally so. Some schools seem to have the majority of academic awards yet others have none at all on the list. Forget about asking our coach or AD they have no interest
Fairly straight forward. Academic all conference =>85 average. Academic All-County => 90 average and Academic All-America = 9 highest average of All-County Players and possibly (not sure) needed to be on the All-American watch list. Now the rub about average is that every school is different. Some schools are known for grade inflation and others are more difficult. Further, they do not take a weighted average which is a good indicator of the rigor of courses the student-athlete takes.

As for the all-conference, county and american awards... simple, the better teams get the most. Very difficult for an All-County player to get all American if not on the county championship. Not impossible but difficult. The 9 All-Americans deserve the award but there are other equally good players so they have to set some sort of differentiator which is how far into the playoffs / championships. I believe the 9 players were all from CSH, Manhasset, GC and possibly 1 from Syosset / Port. I could be wrong.
The system is nonsense. All coaches know who the good and great players are.
What does that mean.... if the coaches know the good players then the awards wouldn't primarily go to the teams that won th county championship. This is not about recruiting. It is to recognize hard work and talent. The process doesn't work if a great player doens't get the award because he is on a mediocre team. Don't get me wrong, the All-American players are great but, to your point, they may not be the best. They are the best on their team and look even better because everyone around them is really good vs. the Wantaugh or Bellmore kid that is really good but most of his teammates are part timers in lacrosse so they don't win every game.