Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax took down Express in semis and gave Venom a beating in the finals. DMV remains #1 vs LI

Congratulations to MadLax. But serious question, how can the MadLax 2028 team be so dominant on the national level, while the ML 2027 and 2026 teams have fallen off so badly. MadLax 2027 was blown out in Hoco by NextLevel and Hawks, and this weekend at NAL, they played only one nationally prominent team, 91 Long Island Machine, and 91 beat ML twice, 7-0 and 9-1. (yes, MadLax just one goal scored in two games). And, then 91 itself got crushed 13-3 by West Coast stars, so I detest to to think what WCS would have done to MadLax. And the MadLax 2026 team was awful in Hoco, going 2-5, and the only team that FCA could beat, and today at NAL MadLax was blown out 19-7 by a 91 Long Island team. The 2027 and 2026 teams used to be competitive on a national level, but something happened. Why the disparity between the 2028 team and the other two?

Because they’re all on the 2028 teams!!!!

Funny quip, and good theory, but not true. I know both rosters and there is not a single 2028 player who came from 2027 or 2026. So I am stills scratching my head as to why 2028 is so much on the way up and other two are on the way down.
Here’s a theory. Madlax is actually extremely good at the very young ages. 28-‘31 etc. The 24s used to be the number one team in the country. I think what happens is, they gradually lose kids to other teams for whatever reasons, some might point to the executive Director who has a reputation. Either way there’s a steady churn as they get older, and not a lot of recruiting. The 24 team lost three or four of their best players to next level due to a coaching dynamic. Those kids also play at St Johns who is coached by the Director of next level.