Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was an entertaining year in the MIAA. Couple observations
1. BL
Coaches realized really early how much they missed Ben Smith and inserted SF into that role from that point on that team played its best lacrosse. It’s become very apparent lefty DP is purely a shooter (a wild one but a shooter ) and extremely one dimensional who is also extremely turnover prone as shown on biggest play of the year. Ball should of never started w him. CS will be a great get for Rutgers
2. McD most talented team that took some time to find its groove but did they ever! Biggest thing I noticed with this team was when they shared the ball and played together they were by far the cream of the crop complete team that didn’t rely on one or two guys
3, Calvert Hall
Never in sync entire year seemed to lack an identity was it a midfield initiated offense or attack. Seemed every game they lacked a key area and that supported by a few very odd losses
4. Spalding to no fault of the players they were extremely overrated very good at getting certain matchups but when it was all said and done their senior class underachieved. If some of those guys are who people say they are this team should of been much better as they were never a threat to win it all
5. StM
Great overall team with no “superstars” was refreshing to see a team just go out and be successful playing team lacrosse

Good analysis of the 22 season. Would add St Pauls found themselves a little too late to make up for the hole they dug for themselves and that Severn did extremely well given their lack of depth. I love Severn's coaching and their FOGO. I expect both of these teams to vie for the semis in 2023. SM returns almost everyone from what was a championship finalise. Although they lose one of their top attackmen and two of their poles as well as their keeper, the rest of their squad will be back in 2023. Look for the Saints to reload and be back in the top four again. McD will have to rebuild starting from the goal out. They do have an outstanding young keeper moving up from JV and a strong group of poles who were playing shorty on varsity this year. The offense only has to replace two of the top six middies, which is doable given their respectable JV team and incoming recruits. BL loses a great keeper and their best scorer but return a lot and will reload any missing parts from a strong JV team. With one of the strongest player development programs and coaching staffs in the MIAA Conference, they will be back in the hunt in 2023. CHC lose their best attackman, middie and pole to graduation but will reload and be in the hunt due to strong recruiting and player development. Spalding will have an off year and be back to fighting to get into the top six. SP is my favorite to win it all in 2023. They return almost everyone save their top LSM. Loyola has a chance to finish in the top six but Gilman is dead in the water. JC and MSJ need more on the field talent to compete.