Originally Posted by Anonymous
As if "paying" for an education makes your kid a better lacrosse player?

Nothing compares to the MIAA schedule and high level of lacrosse. Look at the play offs you had 20 D1 kids on the field at the same time. Most MIAA schools have 12-20 D1 kids on the roster. Public is lucky to have 1-3 D1 kids total on the field. Roster have 1 D1 kid if lucky. The rest of kids can barely throw and catch. Games are blow outs starter only play first quarter

I saw 2 middle of the road Balto Co. publics play. It was a mess. The MIAA JV teams I saw could easily beat the bottom half of the public varsities. The games against the upper half of public schools would be close.

You can argue the value (cost/benefit) but you can't reasonably argue they are the same in terms of level of play.

Watching 7th grade MIAA kids play around with 11th grade Towson HS kids this winter, the only difference was size and physical strength. Just an observation but still. Watched the Perry Hall varsity kids warm up for a game this spring and it didn't even look like MIAA JV. Missed passes, no off-ball movement on offense or defense. Ugly. Then again I think PHHS went 2-9 or something, so it's not like they're even average at this point. Shame....that program has fallen off.