Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]GC has to be the preseason favorite. They have one of best defenses in the league. The three starters are all going D1 (Fischer and Jahelka - Harvard) and Burnside (Penn State) are they are very deep at midfield.
Although the defense receives most of the accolades, the offense is also first rate. Dwyer (Harvard recruit) will run the offense from X and will have an abundance of talented players to feed including Gordon (Hopkins); Coleman (Penn); Berkery (Penn recruit), Savage, Kennedy and McDonnell. Should be a great year for the Trojans.
Garden City does have a very good team and sometimes can play great. However, they are the most hyped team I ever have seen in my life. Most of the players are hyped and people are wondering if Newsday has some sort of connection to this team. Some kids are very good players but read too many paper clippings and think the papers are going to play the game. If they focus they are a tough team to beat. For the record they have one of the most dirtiest defense-men I ever had the pleasure to watch play. Take this to the bank.