Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interested in getting my 5th grader this year into a travel program and debating about which one to put her in. I have gone through these msg boards extensively and have seen very little in on terms of productive comments about girls programs other than from Powderfinger and maybe one or two anonymous posts.

My daughter currently plays for 3V which has a good program but was hoping to get her more development at a higher level of play at this stage. It would appear that TG or YJ is the way to go but I am not totally convinced of either at this point.

Thank you.

I have many friends that have thier daughters playing for TG, YJ, and Beach Bums. All three clubs offer different things to all. Beach Bums offers the travel experience with mostly local tournaments . YJ has a place for every athlete from A to E level , if your daughter improved she will move up the ladder within the YJ organization . TG fields two teams in all age groups except one . TG is a very competetive program with a family run feel to it. I have my girls in TG and am very happy. My friends have them in YJ and BB and they are happy too. You need to pick a club that works for your family . Things to think about are travel distance for practices, distance of tournaments that they play in and $$$.
Good luck!

Now you will hear all of the bashing !!
Bums have a girl going to Northwestern a few hofstras USC and Penn State. Not bad for a mostly low cost local outfit. Many ways to skin a cat! Good for them

The Bums have quality players ! My only question is why does one of the directors daughters also play for YJ ?

If she is going to play yj top team then go for it. Very good team and coach but some screaming crazy parents. Second team just has awful coaching.

In reference to the Bums - the girl they have listed as going to Northwestern is currently a TG player and has been for several years! They also have two girls listed as going for field hockey & volleyball!