Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’d rather see Hawks ML NL and FCA play each other twice than play the likes of KP and BLC
Look KP did the right thing. They won their division last year so they went up. I would rather see that than a team playing down beating teams by 20 points.

KP is also playing in MYLA this Spring. They lost to Blue Claws 6-5 and have close wins against other AAAA teams FCA White (7-4) and Forest Hill (4-3). They are a AAAA team that can't compete in Elite.

Moving to Elite from AAAA is the biggest jump a team will make, especially at this age. The problems/shortcomings are usually manifested in the offense--the defenses/goalkeeping at the elite level are head and shoulders above those in the lower divisions. The new teams in Elite usually have problems scoring. My son's elite team has scrimmaged Blue Claws and played KP in Hoco, those teams aren't terrible by any means, they definitely have some athletic and skilled players, but both teams' offenses weren't very threatening. It takes either exceptional coaching and/or an infusion of new talent at attack to survive in Elite, especially at this age when the players are starting to hit puberty and we're starting to see some size disparities.