Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay SC

One thing is for sure. SC will take care of his....Good luck to everyone else!

👆🏻feel sorry for some of these boys who have been with Looneys for years and now at the most critical time will be scrambling to find teams. Does anyone on the board know what team will be having tryouts this summer?

At this age, the word "tryout" is a bit misleading. If a great player wanted to change teams, or if a team needs a player at a certain position, teams will take him at any point in the year. They will tell him to come to a practice and that is his tryout. Most teams will hold August tryouts, which are basically pre-season practices for the returning players, and a chance to upgrade with a new player or two. The good teams are fairly baked in at this point.

That said, I have watched them play and they have a lot of good players. For example, their goalie is very strong. (no, I am not the Looneys goalie Dad or Mom). Honestly I am surprised that they are not doing better in AAAA. If the team does fold, most of the players will land on elite teams, and those who do not will land on good second tier teams. But it is a good group of kids, and if they do scatter after playing together for several years, that would be sad.

Thanks for your concern and I hope this helps!