Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks 20- FCA 3. FCA is actually quite terrible.

Low spot for FCA. Program as a whole is struggling

Non FCA parent here.

I believe it's been since about the 11th day of Never that FCA 2028s has beat a full roster at ML, Hawks, or NL. 20-3 is not a great result, but the loss was all but guaranteed and you knew that before the kids even showed up. Was true for last year and will be true next year. That said, Both 2028 FCA teams are fantastic at their respective level. The FCA 2029s are 5-0 in MYLA and 5-0 in HoCo. H

This "rough spot for the program" is, I think, a concoction by FCA parents who have trouble with FCA "not being the best of the best." If your ego can't deal with your son's team's performance (#4 in HoCo elite-the best league in the country - and probably a top 25-30 team nationally), you need to evaluate how wrapped up your life is, in middle school lacrosse. This is a very good outcome for your son, and tracks well (statistically) into the future. "Oh they're struggling." Every time I've talked to an FCA Blue or White parent after a close victory, even, I hear, "Wow the program is really down this year." Really? Is it?

Even FCA white @ 2028 is maybe a top 50 team nationally and will end up as the #2? team in AAAA HoCo.

You want to talk about a struggling program, look at MESA MD who folded, Arden Diamondbacks who have announced they will fold, True DC who was still actively recruiting players in February (!!!!!) or Team 91, whose 5 teams in HoCo will likely surrender 500 points this HoCo season.

Love or don't love FCA.......but the brand and the program are just fine lol.

Ok… FCA parent.