Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is the nonsense that just has to stop. Having a gauntlet of a schedule isn't some rarity that's unique to the MIAA. There are teams inside and outside of the MIAA that have 5-6 games in a row against quality opposition. SJC themselves have already played 3-4 quality opponents in a row twice. They opened with GP, BL, and CH back-to-back-to-back and handled all with ease. They just played Hill Academy, Paul VI, and Gonzaga back-to-back-to-back and the only one that was remotely close was the first game of the three.

Yeah, but the rarity is the quality of opponents. What you’re missing is the rigors of facing good opponents— 10 in a row, midweeks, that know your team, tendencies and have a full scout on you. And they are teams that are built to specifically combat your tendencies, and exploit your weaknesses, just like teams in the same NFL divisions. The early-season and OOC lax games just don’t replicate that level of in-conference intensity.
I don't agree. While I will concede that the league as a whole is deeper than most, I don't believe for a second that a run of MIAA games is more difficult than the mix of quality league and OOC games that other top teams deal with as their schedules ramp up.

Right…. MIAA teams don’t play any OOC games. And the ones that do play cupcakes.