Originally Posted by Anonymous
Early predictions - Class A: Sachem North over Farmingdale (I may be drinking the Sachem North kool aid but I do think Gamblin is that good), Class B: Garden City over SWR, Class C: CSH over Bayport
A- Smithtown West over Farmingdale- this was definitely the hardest class to predict. I think with Hicksville losing Gamblin, Farmingdale has to be the favorite out of Nassau, but I would not be surprised by any of four teams (West Islip, Ward Melville, Sachem North, Smithtown West) winning Suffolk. I think SW's firepower on offense wins out in the end. If they absolutely need a goal, they just have so many options. I say they top SN in a high-scoring Suffolk final along the lines of 15-14.

B- Garden City over Shoreham-Wading River- Garden City-Manhasset will be a fantastic Nassau final which I think will be close and low-scoring due to both teams' fantastic defenses. Somewhere in the 6-5 or 7-6 neighborhood. SWR has good young players on both sides of the ball (Rotanz, Mahoney) but they're no match for a much deeper GC squad in the LI championship.

C- Cold Spring Harbor over Glenn- CSH might face a stiff test from Friends Academy, but I think they're too deep for the Quakers in the end. Ditto for the LI championship against Glenn. Tommy Forsberg would have to have a Connor English-esque performance for them to pull off the upset.