Division I Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 3-15-22

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Aurora Cordingley – University of Maryland

Cordingley had an 11-point game (six goals, five assists) to lead No. 4 Maryland to a dominant 19-7 win over Villanova on Sunday. She tallied five points in the first half (three goals, two assists) and six points in the second half (three goals, three assists) to lead Maryland to a 19-goal output. Cordingley became only the sixth Terp ever to have an 11-point game in the 49 year history of the program, and her six goals tied a career-high. Cordingley leads the NCAA in points per game (7.67 per game), and leads the Big Ten in goals per game and assists per game. Against the Wildcats, she also totaled a game-high and career-high five ground balls and caused a turnover on the ride.

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Ellie Masera – Stony Brook University

Masera totaled 10 points with nine goals and an assist in a loss to No. 4 Northwestern and a win over No. 16 Johns Hopkins last week. Her five goals against the No. 4 Wildcats are a career-high. She also added 10 draw controls, seven ground balls, and caused three turnovers in the two games. The Seawolves are 3-2 and ranked No. 6 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll this week.

Defensive Player of the Week

Sam Thacker – University of Denver

Thacker and the Pioneers faced two of the top scoring offenses in Division I last week, and the defense limited both No. 1 Boston College and No. 8 Michigan to single-digit goals in a 1-1 week. Both teams were held to season-low goal totals, including nine for the Eagles and eight for the Wolverines. Thacker tallied four caused turnovers per game, while adding a total of three ground balls and four draw controls over the two-game span. Denver’s record now stands at 7-1 and the Pioneers are ranked No. 9 in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll this week.