Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No offense says the backup for a career. Backups aren’t starters. Odds are they’ll never be cause playing is the best practice.

FYI, Lacrosse isn’t a career either. Some girls just want to be part of a team and hoping lacrosse will help open some doors for them and they enjoy being part of a team. Those girls May even just play for the club team in college, and put school first. Wow, go figure. Every girls goals are different.

Can’t have it both ways. Are we extolling the dominant team that’s why I’m a backup cause I’m actually great or there’s no future in lax so being a backup on best team gets me better school? The point was playing. There are no backups in D1 or competitive D2/3 lacrosse. Just players who haven’t taken your job yet cause you are playing better.
I guess my point was you gotta play now if you want to have a chance to play later. I always thought we played sports in HS to play not be on a better team. Never advocated to be the best on the worst team but not playing any meaningful minutes won’t help getting on any programs including the better academic ones.
Sitting on the bench is far from ideal for any goals kid wants other than t-shirt they won division or counties.
In my experience top travel gets you minutes of quality but that’s not a HS goal, they win.
I guess I take it different that sitting on the bench and winning a t shirt is better than fun and sweat of playing on a team YOU make good. Better college being end goal but enjoying the race there should as well.