Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lax journal watch list came out yesterday and it’s clear today that parents complained to get more additions. What’s the point of these lists if they get watered down? Does anyone care about them? I can’t wrap my head around it

I don’t know how they are making that list? Are they asking HS/Club coaches about the players? I think You can send a girls name to them? How do they know what players are “the ones” to watch!? We should watch them all and let the playing speak for itself .

Yes let the stats speak for the girls......this list was littered with girls who weren't even on their Varsity team last year....

Stats? HS stats mean very little and are in no way any indication of a players actual ability, athleticism, skill, ability etc... In too many cases competition is just too weak so HS play is not a very good barometer for measuring how good a player actually is. That said, having a "watch List" with approximately 200 players on it is just foolish. What are they attempting to represent with this list? But hey, now when little Bella doesn't make Under Armour the parents can cry foul because she was on the watch list. Sorry to pooh pooh the list but it is just too many players.