Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we just STOP with EVERYTHING is a "money grab"!!! EVERYTHING is going to cost money, it's your preference where you want to spend that money. Just because you don't to do that event or your daughter doesn't get "accepted" for that event, doesn't make it a "money grab"...ENOUGH

if you have money to burn....it couldn't hurt. then do it and good luck to your kid. But if you are really look to invest in your kids potential college looks, spend it on the prospect camps that your kid specifically want to go to. I have yet to hear of anyone that is recruited from any of these things..thats the advice Ive been given time and again....I think all the advice has been good on this page. Very thoughtful responses from people that have had their kid attend. Go see what they are saying on the Warrior games...Not just sour grapes. Its hard to navigate all this..

Thank you for this response! I have appreciated everyone’s responses on this page and have not considered it to be combative. Not sure what this person has seen as so negative. They obviously haven’t seen the other forums 😂
Yeah that's not true. Last year 6 kids on the same club were on the same UA team at the tryout in NJ. All six kids made it. They are all political. But if your kid is a stud, they'll make the team. That simple.

I like the advice I read on a boys forum on recruiting.

Identify 10 schools that fit your child academically, socially, and that is a good fit for lacrosse for your child. Fill out the student/athlete questionnaires on their websites. Send out intro Email and highlight film. Attend the schools prospect camps and identify a couple of showcases that they will be attending.

My addition to that , is to make sure to email more than once! Email with follow ups if player has some new highlights, school, sport, social accolades that may get the school interested in the player as a good fit for their school.

Good Luck to all.

Sound advice.

I would recommend casting a wider net. Unless your daughter is truly a top tier player that just about every coach will be interested in. Target some reach schools (academic and lacrosse) but also try to identify the caliber of programs that might be interested in your daughter.