Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bocklet and Daniello have 2 different philosophies. Biggest issue for Bocklet is the lack of players in the school district. He has almost no players to work with. JJ does not have 1 D1 commit on their roster. cant imagine this program can win many games

This is partially true. While NOW there are not the boys in the school district its not bc the families are not here. As has been mentioned before approximately 10 boys (2022 and 2023 class) including many d1 and d3 commits have LEFT John Jay and much of it was attributed to coaching and lack of contact with the youth. About 10 boys left to go to private (Hotchkiss, Kent, Avon, Berkshire, Salisbury and a cpl of others) and other public schools (Ridgefield). With these 10 or so boys JJ would be winning or state finalists for a 4 year period. This happened bc these boys wanted to play the best HS lacrosse they could and under Schurr that was not possible. I think if Bocklett can connect with the youth and prevent them from quitting or leaving the team JJ can come back. It should be noted that with al of the talent that Schurr had he never won a a state title and he should have. He also should have beaten Yorkltown more. He is an average coach at best who for years was living off of the talent of the area without winning the big one. The year they got destroyed by GC in the playoffs I think they had something like 16 kids committed to d1-d3. No excuse not to win. Bocklett could be a great hire and exactly what john jay needs. Too bad he cant work with the 10 or so boys that left otherwise JJ would be state finalists this year and next.

All of your points have been well documented in this forum already. We get it, you're not happy with Tim and now it's on Bocklet.

I am surprised so many kids would leave their public school system just to get a better high school lax experience. At this point, I guess nothing in lacrosse shocks me including the ends I seem to go to.....