Originally Posted by Anonymous
By UMD standards being ranked in the #8 - #11 range is awful especially if it happens for 2-3 consecutive years. Keep in mind that there is a HUGE difference between being a Final Four Team and #8 - #11. There is actually a huge drop-off after about #6 in the country. ND was ranked around #6 last year and they suffered running clock losses to UNC and BC at the end of the year. MD should not be celebrating any ranking worse than #8 in my opinion. At that level they simply are not competitive with the best teams. I don't think Alabama or Clemson celebrate being anything but a Final Four Team. JMO

BC traded places with MD. Fact!

If you take lacrosse out of the equation, Maryland is barely a desirable school. BC is a much better option on many levels, and now add a better option as far as lacrosse as well, we will see for how long.

Time will tell but I would not bet against Maryland. The Terps may have off years from time to time but I’m sure they will continue to be one of the top programs.

As for BC being a much better option on many levels that’s all opinion and really irrelevant because MD & BC are not the only options.
The strongest players will be recruited by most if not all of the strongest programs. It’s a diverse group of schools so most of the top players will be able to find a good fit at one of them.

Nothing wrong with BC but when you look at the Top 10 - 20 programs there are many options that a lot of recruits will find more attractive for a variety of reasons.