Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There post seems pretty accurate to me. When was the last time the top player at Maryland wasn’t from Maryland. I’m from LI and most top players have zero interest in going to Maryland. As the sport grows heads more west and south it will effect schools like Maryland that don’t really have a national draw. Same reason SB will never get over the hump.

MD glory days are waning. The lacrosse scene is much more widespread than in the past. The best Girls have so many good choices now and any of the top 10 could be the best with the pickup of the right girls. MD could be moving down on a lot of girls list, because of better options for many other reasons than lacrosse. “The whole package”

The lacrosse scene may be more widespread but it’s been pretty much the same 10 to 15 programs that get the lions share of the best players. They have been the same programs for the past 10 years or so and mostly the same for a lot longer than that.

As for Maryland’s glory days waning I would say that is wishful thinking by some.

Maryland will be just fine, I’m sure.