Originally Posted by Anonymous
Predators appear to draw all over Baltimore County. Because of the coaches, I assume they are kids looking at St. Paul’s and McDonough. But I think the 25 team has kids from BL, CH, Loyola, Dulaney, Towson, and Hereford too. Who knows what they will become.

Rock is another St Paul’s product that also has kids from all over Baltimore County and Towson- Ridgely and St Joes MS. They went to many random HS teams. But not sure if they will be fielding any teams this year.

Forest Hill and Blue Claws teams are up in Harford Co. Mostly St. Margaret and Bel Air MS kids so I assume John Carroll, CM Wright and Patterson Mill.

I think Koopers absorbed Fallston Club Lacrosse (FCL) a few years ago so it has kids from Harford Co. too. I believe the 25 kids ended up at John Carroll, Fallston and the other local publics.

Koopers will be OK and they do have some Fallston kids who came over when the geniuses from True swung through Balt & Harford Counties, blowing up well established youth clubs.

Hot take, the 2028 and 2029 classes of lax players in MD/DC are smaller than the 2024-2027 classes. Upper level lax seems unaffected at the 2028 level but AA, A, and B levels are feeling it. No Koopers team. No Looneys. Breakers is done. Zingoes kids are really rec players, The Sidewinders B team was actually 28/29/30s if you can believe that. The Loudon Tribe team is 28/29/30. True Baltimore's A team collapsed (so they ate Kelly Post's A team). This is partly why I've said in other forums that the 2028s will see fewer "HERE I AM" surprise 9th grade lax standouts who didn't play serious club ball before 8th or 9th grade. I think very few talented 2028s are just hanging out in rec at this point. Why would they?

I think if you and your 2028 only attend Madlax, FCA, Crabs (etc) tryouts you might not notice this because there's still 60-80 kids at those tryouts.

And at the 2029 level, it sure looks like the numbers are lower too, and it's affecting higher level clubs. 2029 Crabs had 9 total players commit, and folded the team (obviously a new one will pop up in 8 months). I believe FCA only has a single team at 2029 instead of Blue/White. The FCA 2028s have had two teams since 3rd grade (def since 4th). 91 tried to field individual teams for 29, 30, and 31 and about 50 kids tried out for all three.

I think the final "X" factor will be that a lot of the rec clubs basically shut down after 8th grade (but they might not always do that. given the recent success of KP, Claws, Forest Hill, HLC at the middle school level) AND other random AA-AAA clubs like Rock don't start until 9th grade. It will be interesting to see the sorting.