Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Gotta love the detest for community colleges. Pathetic coming from the schlubs on this board.

I went to Essex. And I own my own company now. But they are right. Lotsa Dodge Neons and people buying waterbeds on finance.

If you're from around here, you know. You can take the boy out of Essex, but you cant take the Essex out of the boy!

I am a MIAA school homer....but I have to say.....

I hired a law student (and Essex CC alumni & lax player) who came from a tough background - he played Essex 2 years, then got an academic scholarship to a D3 program, used 2 years of NCAA eligibility and started his senior year.

Walked into law school with 2 years NCAA eligibility remaining and was in the final stretch (year 2 of law school) of getting the law program and lax program of his law school to agree to play nice. He ended up playing practice squad (or whatever it was called) in year 2 of law school, 2nd line middie in his 3rd year of law school, ended up using total of 3 years NCAA eligibility, got a law degree, and essentially a free undergrad education.

That's not the densest plan or outcome I've ever heard of. And an "essex kid" through and through.