Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m sure the stanford girls are really really great, ratings however, have as much to do with exposure at UAA, IL, ect., as others have said. A highly rated incoming class, as it says, incoming. my kids is at one of the 5 or so “ use lacrosse to get in” non-Ivy schools ( Stanford, NU, Duke, VU, Hopkins, maybe one or 2 others plus MIT and U Chicago @D3). The academics at her school, primarily in STEM is utterly brutal, bordering on demoralizing. Like many of these other girls at these 5 or so schools, never had less than an A. Much of my energy nowadays is spent helping her re-assess her approach to exams, focusing on class and exam specific test strategies, such as her speed in processing test questions (for instance one math test 11 questions with 10-12 parts/question and 90 minutes). When In season, at this point I won’t make any predictions on how her on field performance will go, with the academic responsibilities and demands looming large. I definitely wouldn’t base it on her HS performance.
Pac12 schedules don’t tend to help either, OOC games in particular

Your kid is at college and you are helping her with her exams? She can do it without you and will be better for it. And if she fails, she will learn a lot more than how to get things done with her parents help. I know first hand that they are brutal and lax is hard on top of it. I did it and my kid is doing it. Yours can too. Believe in her.

As crazy as it sounds, yes there are parents out there who are still doing their kids work. Some are not even ashamed of it. Pathetic.