I’m sure the stanford girls are really really great, ratings however, have as much to do with exposure at UAA, IL, ect., as others have said. A highly rated incoming class, as it says, incoming. my kids is at one of the 5 or so “ use lacrosse to get in” non-Ivy schools ( Stanford, NU, Duke, VU, Hopkins, maybe one or 2 others plus MIT and U Chicago @D3). The academics at her school, primarily in STEM is utterly brutal, bordering on demoralizing. Like many of these other girls at these 5 or so schools, never had less than an A. Much of my energy nowadays is spent helping her re-assess her approach to exams, focusing on class and exam specific test strategies, such as her speed in processing test questions (for instance one math test 11 questions with 10-12 parts/question and 90 minutes). When In season, at this point I won’t make any predictions on how her on field performance will go, with the academic responsibilities and demands looming large. I definitely wouldn’t base it on her HS performance.
Pac12 schedules don’t tend to help either, OOC games in particular