Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not surprised considering their coach is RAGE. The kids on Hawks do not understand the concept of sportsmanship or being humble. Kids on the team posting disparaging things about other teams constantly, talk trash about teams while on the field.

They simply are not what they once were. They cut the wrong goalie, depend on the coaches kid too much and hardly play some kids on their team.

My son's team played them this past weekend, did not do well, only scored 2 on them and we were glad for the experience. Would not be upset to not deal with their antics or parents on the sidelines. They have 3 parents who are not role models for their kids and talk almost as much as the kids. The owner of that team should look to see how that team represents themselves. Sure they used to win a lot, but what are they teaching the boys?

Out of all the teams we played, they were the only one where the coach has to bark at the kids and tell them exactly what to do at all times, let the kids play and be themselves!

So 3 poorly behaved parents on a team of 20-25? That seems light compared to most teams you see at tournaments.

Yes, but those three are act so Hawkward

Agreed that it is their institutional culture. I think most of the parents are very happy to be part of that toxicity. They put the window sticker right next their Yacht Club sticker to show "their" elite status. But since a large number of those kids don't actually contribute to the outcome, it transparent empty social boasting. I was approached through intermediaries about taking my son there a few different times over the years. I spoke to my son about the offer. My son told me point blank: "Don't waste your money, I won't play for that coach." He could have been winning all of the time and playing/practicing at a higher level; but he declined because of his and their character. (He (not me) described the kids on that team that he knows from school as arrogant and jerks, except for a couple.) That may be to the detriment of his lacrosse development and future recruiting stock. But that is only part of his life. At the end of the day, I don't want that kind of guy to be a role model in son's life. I am very proud of his (my son's) values. He plays for a coach that is very knowledgeable and more importantly very human. The team has fun and and wins a fair bit.

Would you mind saying what team your son is on? I feel like many elite 2026 teams do not have much fun. Division 1 college players say that lacrosse is like a full time grind, and sadly many 8th grade players who are on track to play at that level already feel that way too. When the fall season ended, my son said that he needed a break until spring, as did several of his teammates. I know you are just one parent's opinion but I would be interested to know what team can win its share at the elite level and still have fun.

Do you still wear your mask outside after your three boosters?

That seems like an appropriate spurious attack on someone who is only trying to neutrally find a positive environment for their child. No wonder your ex-wife started drinking before you got home every night. That parent, like your ex, just wants to escape a negative environment.