Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of these jay kids left for lacrosse, they have crazy unrealistic parents. If Timmy was such a great coach, they wouldn’t leave they would want to play for him. It’s just a fact from a parent who knows. Time for a major change.

I don't know if "crazy unrealistic parents" would be accurate. Already some of the boys have committed to Lafayette, Bucknell, Colgate and Tufts. Seems pretty good to me. I am sure Tim Schurr or who ever is the new coach would have loved to have these commits. And this is just the beginning. John Jay would have been killing it for a few years with these boys as well as those who haven't committed yet. The bottom line is John Jay has recently had a poorly run town and HS program (and yes they made the state finals in 2019 but that was a senior laden team and the writing was on the wall). It will take a few years to turn around. Hopefully whoever they bring in understands that the youth program feeds into the HS and needs to be involved and make it fun and that its not just about being on Primetime.