Originally Posted by Anonymous
Again, football is quite different from lacrosse. I would challenge anyone on here to go the Ivy rosters and see where all those kids went to HS. A whole lot of privates, very few publics.

Only real difference at an Ivy is the amount of players. They still need to average out the Team AI.

Not sure what your point is regarding public or private. My oldest went to a public HS and I believe there were 9 athletes from the same graduation class that went on to compete at Ivy League schools .

I think most college lacrosse rosters are filled with kids from private schools (not just the Ivy’s)

The point is, the ridiculous argument that lacrosse “significantly “ improves an athlete’s chances for admissions. The vast majority of players at Ivy League schools are excellent students from elite private HS programs and families of means. They are not 85 GPA 1200 SAT students from a LI public as some here would have you believe. This is also true for those athletes going to elite programs and schools ie UVA, UNC and ND.

There has not been a single post on here stating that kids are getting into Ivy League schools with an 85 average.

It appears the argument is from people like you who refuse to acknowledge that without Lacrosse your son would have zero chance of getting into an Ivy.

So, to go from zero chance to actually being accepted is “significant” help.

It is not the parents means or the elite private school or their grades that help kids get into Ivy League schools it is Lacrosse. Without Lacrosse 90 of the rosters would not have been admitted. That is true at most programs, not just Ivy’s.