Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is a junior on 9/1 eleven schools reached out. Not DUKE, ND, Virginia etc. However hey were all D-1 schools and he has a 89 average and hasn't taken the SAT yet so far not one school has said he wont get in academically. Bottom line he is an average student and that is fine and Lax is going to get him into one of those schools FACT. Without Lax he wouldn't be considered.

2020 and 2021 recruiting classes: Ivy League schools wanted SAT scores in the 1400 range for recruited lax players with some exceptions
2022 and ?2023 recruiting classes: SAT/ACT scores were no longer required by the Ivy League for recruited lax players

Source of this information?

Personal experience and info from kid's older teammates who committed to those schools
Have you ever heard of the Ivy League's Academic Index? There was an Ivy League overall requirement for athletic recruits to fall within a prescribed academic band.

Yes, there is an “academic index” at the ivy’s and there is a minimum score needed. However, every recruits situation is different so to put out that Ivy League schools were looking for 1400 is not accurate. It may have been what you were told but it is not the same for everyone. Some might be told they need 1500 while others might be told they need 1230.

The better the player the less their academic credentials need to be. You can not paint with a broad brush.

Just my anecdotes. I doubt anyone on this forum is a college coach or an admissions officer who can provide detailed intelligence. So I doubt anyone here can do any better.

I did write this, "WANTED SAT scores (meaning not absolutely required) in the 1400 range for recruited lax players with SOME EXCEPTIONS." So it was clearly meant to be a generalization. However, with the AI rules in place during that time; I find it hard to believe that there were many lacrosse players with scores 1300 or lower who would get through the admissions office.