Originally Posted by Anonymous
Florida has 10 commits according to Laxbytes. 7 in the 2022 class. Not 50 but close 43 girls on the current roster. I guess 43 is getting back to a normal size roster for some.

Not to be snarky but if your going to give facts give all the facts. UF roster has 43 current players - 9 seniors and 14 juniors. Thats a lot of graduating players over next 2 years that need to be replaced.

Wonder why their top player, laxplayer, who had another year of eligibility decided not to return for a 5th year?

She is a fantastic player and I'm sure UF or any other program would have loved to have her another year. UF lost a lot to graduation this year. I know a few girls who just graduated from other schools who chose to forgo the 5th year because they had a job offer too good to pass on, or were starting a grad program with requirements that don't work with playing a sport. Not every elite college lax player plans to keep playing/coaching after college, and the cost of an extra year (both time and money) may not be worth it to them.

You mean the one that chose nursing school? I think as the years go one we may see more players choose not to take the option now that they actually got in a full season.

It is different when your senior season is the one that was taken from you. Or you are not finished your degree yet anyway/are going into a grad program.