Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stanford and Duke also basketball and football schools. Pretty sure majority of those lower athletic standards are going to those kids. Not the wealthy white kid from the suburbs with a house in the Hamptons.

Are we ready still discussing this?

The reality is, recruited athletes get in with lower grades than the general population and the better athletes can get in with lower grades than the average recruits.

Leave Football and Basketball out of the discussion.

I doesn’t matter if we are talking Princeton, Stanford, Yale, Duke, Hopkins, Northwestern etc….
The Athletes get in with lower academic credentials.
Anyone who does not know this is simply ignorant.

There is no doubt that recruited athletics receive tremendous assistance in getting admitted to the schools you listed. Based on the statistics presented above, you can even argue that probably none of the enrolled student-athletes had any business applying to these schools if it wasn't for sports.

That is correct. That is also why these kids who do not belong going to these high academic schools major in basket weaving, history, and criminal justice.

And there you have it…. The typical jealous bitter response.
I’m sure the Liberal Arts major coming out of Princeton, Yale, Harvard etc… do just fine after graduation. The ones that I know have gone into investment banking, Consulting, Private Equity etc… they start out 100k plus. Unless you have a specific vocation that you are interested in, it will be your connections/alumni, your university reputation and your grades that matter.