Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have a grasp for how often on age freshman make varsity on MIAA teams?

Is it routine? An totally anomaly?

My kid is in middle school and am just wondering.
MM will chime in soon and let you know that all of his 91 players make V freshman year. Other than them, I would say not many out of all the freshman players out there.

On age? More of an anomaly in the MIAA. Especially at the top 5. I know of just a handful. And they were on bottom-half MIAA teams. No knock. But it makes sense, obviously as there more opportunities at those schools.

Want to know your chances? Look at the overall program numbers. Most of the schools like CH, Loyola, BL, have 100+ kids in their lax programs.

25 Fresh/Soph, 25 JV, 40+ Varsity. 10+ underclass wannabes/cuts. You have better chances at smaller or developing schools like StM, StP, JC, MSJ, Severn.

A better, more telling stat- see how many kids are in the freshman class across ALL teams. And then how many seniors the varsity has rostered.

My son is a '22 and was looking at one of the larger, all-male high schools. At the time, he would have been one of 14 incoming ATTACKMEN in his freshman class. There are currently only 11 kids from the ENTIRE class of 22 who made it through to senior year. He settled on one of the schools above, and has been varsity since Soph year. Gotten a lot of game tape against the best in the nation, and committed to Navy. Been a great experience.

Your son is a 22 Attackmen going to a navy?

His son should have stuck with UMBC. He won’t see the field at Navy. He wouldn’t have seen the field at “one of the larger all male schools” Like all 2022 Dbacks, he peaked in 6th grade. But hey congrats on free college though

What a garbage comment (Okay the dbacks trolling was good). 75% of the BOTC dads won't see their kids ever take the field at D1-D3 and you need to start mentally preparing for that, rather than pissing on the kid for getting lesser level HS playing time and getting a USNA commission...and on the lax roster. Seriously.

I smell a USNA dropout in our midst.......who didn't get rostered for lax whatsoever at USNA and finished his education at Towson as a non athlete. You are like the Uncle Rico of BOTC. I bet you can BTB a shot over that next mountain. If coach woulda put you in, you woulda won state

Thanks Sally. Like I said, CONGRATS on free school. Mine didn't get a fool ride to play in college from the original school the 22 attackman left because he couldn't play. Save my post and shove it back in my face when he regularly sees the field at Navy.

What are you mumbling about? You logic and envy are confusing?