Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any non traditional powers landing any top tier recruits?

Seems that way. No LI girls going to MD, NU, and Duke, Stanford, Cuse only have one a piece. Seems like the ‘23 class numbers are a little down for LI in general

Don’t understand how Stanford is even close to a traditional powerhouse, not even in the conversation. Don’t get me wrong I would give my right arm for any of my kids to attend, but the question was “traditional powers”

I would put Stanford in the conversation as a perennial Top 15 - 25 Program, certainly one of the overall Top 15 - 20 Programs in the country. I realize that Stanford is not Maryland but Stanford has a stronger, more consistent program than 100 + other programs.

IMHO and based on actual Perform over the past 5 - 10 years I would put the following as the Top Programs:

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford

and maybe Hopkins....

I am not the original person that posted but I will say that the above are the "traditional powers". I do not think that there are any other programs that are consistently ranked in the Top 20-25. The schools listed have proven it on the field and they are obviously many of the most coveted schools/programs by student athletes. Great Schools, Great Facilities, Great Programs....

Mostly agree but why USC over Duke or Hopkins? USC gets some talented players, but has had a couple of great years and that's about it. They always seem to be lumped in as a top program, though.

Agree but tough to put in a particular order maybe 1-10 and then 11-20. In any case Duke is definitely one of the Traditional Power Programs.

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Princeton
Virginia
Stony Brook
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
Penn State
Loyola
JMU
USC
Stanford
Hopkins
Duke

I don’t think there are any additional programs that consistently perform at the level of the teams listed above.

Michigan on the rise and has all the pieces in place to consistently be in this group.

Any other programs poised to compete on an annual basis?