Originally Posted by Anonymous
Obviously at this age there are no more parent coached teams. What makes for a good 8th grade coach coming in from outside.

Guess you havent seen Hawks

Comparing WSYL roster (of on-age boys) with the 2026 coaches on the webpage, these are father/son: #1 (Head Coach), #4 (Asst), #9 (Asst), #44 (Asst). Don't know if the Asst Head Coach has a son on team, but someone does!

I'd be happy to have a 3X all-american and team captain at MD coach my kid, regardless of whether he's a parent or not. The best coaching my son has received was in rec by fathers, all of whom played high level D1.

Some people should rest on their playing careers. He routinely gets out coached and cannot solve zone defenses...just saying

Define "routinely." No dog in this fight, but if I find it difficult to believe that a guy with a 47-4 record last year with wins over Express and Tigers is a bad coach. If he couldn't solve zone defenses then the other coaches who didn't play zone defense were even worse. What kind of terrible coach doesn't play zone defense against a team coached by a guy who can't solve them? Apologies if this is too logical for this forum, but just keeping it real for you all.[/quote]

Team couldn’t get past quarterfinals at naptown, nlf national championship and World Series. Lost to maddog stealth blackops and express north in them.