Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So where are all the 2023 commitments? I’m getting nervous for my DD and her teammates. I thought there would be more activity at this point. All I am still seeing and hearing are 2022 commitments. Why haven’t there been any big commitments from Maryland yet either? Hoping to see more activity soon!
I thought the same thing. There were so many 22 commitments this time last year. With that said, 22's could not go and do official visits with schools during recruiting where as 23's can. I think it's a slower process for the 23's because of that.

This is 100% correct. For the 2022s there were no visits so all the conversations were happening via zoom and kids good so several a day. With visits kids are only going on 1 or 2 visits a week and it will take longer. You'll have some that take the first offer they've received but most others will choose to at least take a few visits to see which seems like the right fit. If you look back at the timeline of commits for 2021s that will be more in line with what will happen this year. There weren't a ton of commits the first few weeks of September back in 2019.