Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse is Headquartered in North Baltimore. They are in the land of holdback private schools . Dont expect them to do anything. Bunch of wimps

I was told MD starts their kids at a later age in kindergarten? Different cut off where kids would be older anyways. Like turning 6 in kindergarten. Anyone know if this Is true? So, they start Kindergarten a little older and then re-class a year and your up by 1/2 years …

Maryland starts like most states. Sept 1 and you turn 6 during the year in Kindergarten , You turn 7 during 1st grade. ....and graduate HS 12th grade turning 18 that year.

Maryland is no different than majority of states. NY has a later start date Dec 1 ? I think. Which makes NY kids even younger.

Prefirst is out of control in MIAA privates now, as is reclass or holdbacks . Depending on when holdbacks birthday is.( Sept-Aug) it makes these helback/prefirst boys less than month older ( compared to older on age boys) to almost two years older ( compared to younger on age boys) .

Youth Sports is clearly an advantage to being older. But it is much smaller advantage when everyone is within a year not two.
Right. Pre first is the problem. NOT. The reclassing going on in middle school is the issue. No kindergarten parent is having the dinner time convo, hey honey, I think we should have Charlie do pre first, just in case he wants to play lax in middle school.